Sunday, April 28, 2013

ESSIE MINT CANDY APPLE NAIL POLISH DUPE.

Essie's nail polish in the colour mint candy apple was a very popular shade last summer, although it is still a common shade this summer! I restrained myself from buying it as I just couldn't justify spending £9.00 on one nail polish.
 A couple of days ago I was in Superdrug browsing through the nail polishes and I did come across Essie's mint candy apple nail polish, I was so close to just picking it up and running to the till before I changed my mind BUT the MUA stand caught my eyes just before I got to the till. I really like MUA products, they are so good for so little money.
£1 for a lipstick that is very pigmented and stays on for a substantial amount of time! You really cannot fault that. 
Anyway I had noticed that MUA had changed the packaging on some of their nail polishes (which made them look a lot similar to Essie polishes!). Then I suddenly came across this;



MUA nail polish in the shade Pistachio Ice Cream.

I put both the Essie and MUA nail polishes next to each other and the colour looked so similar I couldn't even tell the difference; the only difference was the price (£7.99 for the Essie nail polish and only £1.00 for the MUA nails polish)! Baffled by my find I dropped the Essie nail polish and instead I took the MUA one to the till.

Here is how it looks on the nails (one coat)

If you are like me and would rather go for the cheaper option then defiantly take a look at MUA nail polishes in Superdrug; they also had a dupe for the Essie nail polish in Fiji!



Thanks for reading! xo


2 comments:

  1. I wanted the Essie polish for so long but couldn't find it anywhere, then I saw the MUA Pistachio Ice Cream and bought it. So glad I bought it because it's a lovely color :)
    Thanks for following hun, I'm following back. You've got such a cute blog!
    Jen xx
    jentea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so similar isn't it! Aw thank you so much:)!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete